Saturday 29 August 2020

Wonder - a book that all parents should read to their children.

 

 


 

Wonder

By R J Palacio 

 

⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

 

Although a children's book, I had heard a lot about Wonder and I really wanted to read it. This story is about a little boy with a facial abnormality who, having previously been homeschooled, has to go to school. I think this book is one that all parents should read to their children, and hopefully, they would then understand what it is like to be different and maybe, just maybe, feel a little more compassion.

 

This story is very moving, but I did have an issue with it. Halfway through the book there is a chapter with zero punctuation - not a full stop or capital letter insight. 

 

I thought it was really odd, and I did not see the purpose of it - was it a mistake and a whole chapter was missed out during the editing process, But then who writes with no punctuation. Was it intentional? If so, I just don't get it, and it really pulled me out of the story.

 

I  bought my copy at Waterstones.






No comments:

Post a Comment

#BlogTour - The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army by Glen Craney @glencraney @cathiedunn

  The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army By Glen Craney Two armies. One flag. No honor. The most shocking day in American history...