Thursday 22 April 2021

It was good, but it could have been great!

 

 


 The Paris Library

By Janet Skeslien Charles

⭐⭐

This novel was good, but it could have been great. I loved the premise of the novel and the characters were likeable, but it was the writing itself that pulled me up short on several occasions. There were several historical inaccuracies and I could not make up my mind as to what audience this novel was aimed at.

I have read the glowing reviews that this book has received, but for me it fell flat. 

A disappointing read, but one that might be enjoyed by a young adult audience.

 

I picked up my copy from Waterstones.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#BlogTour - The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army by Glen Craney @glencraney @cathiedunn

  The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army By Glen Craney Two armies. One flag. No honor. The most shocking day in American history...