Friday 27 March 2020

Lockdown

 

So, we are in lockdown in the UK, which is a good thing if it means that the number of people with the virus goes down. I don't know about you, but I feel like I am living in a dystopian world, this killer virus sounds like something that Ethan Hunt has to find the cure for in Mission Impossible. Every evening when I watch the news and hear about how many people have died, words cannot describe how this feels, but I know you will understand because this is happening around the world, and we really are all in this together.

 

I think we should have been in lockdown far sooner than what we are. I think we could not have a worse government to get us through this pandemic - the Tories only ever look after themselves; you just need to look back to previous Tory governments to see that I am right. I cannot help but think if we had Jeremy Corbyn at the helm, things might have played out differently, but we don't, because we live in a democracy, and for some unfathomable reason, we chose Boris. But that is another story.

 

During this lockdown, I plan to read as many books as I can, for I certainly need to escape from reality, even if it is for a short time.

 

I hope we all come through this terrible time, and more importantly, learn something from it.

 

Be safe, my friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment

#BlogTour - The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army by Glen Craney @glencraney @cathiedunn

  The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army By Glen Craney Two armies. One flag. No honor. The most shocking day in American history...