Saturday 18 July 2020

"I'd never given much thought to how I would die. But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go." Twilight - Book vs. Movie.

 


 Twilight

By Stephenie Meyer

 

 Okay, I admit it. I am late to the show on this one. The supernatural and the whole vampire falls in love with a human idea isn't my thing. But, at a sleepover, by facetime my firends decided Twilight was the film we were going to watch, and I was forced to endure it, much like Edward had to endure Biology with Bella. 😱 And as I endured it, I actually found myself quite liking it, but that might have had something to do with Robert Pattinson. 😍 Anyway, much to my horror, I spent the weekend after binge-watching Twilight. And then I thought, well, I suppose it would be rude not to read the books. 

 

I can't believe I am even saying it because it goes against everything I believe in, but the films were better than the books. 😱 The only thing I thought they should have kept in was when Edward said to Bella:


“When I told you I didn't want you it was the blackest kind of blasphemy”

 

I love that quote so much! And I loved the behind the scenes of how they got out of the building where the volturi live, and how they got home. But apart from those two scenes, the films were much more entertaing. Still, if asked, not that I will be. I can at least say I am Team Edward - I mean, come on, he sparkles. 

 

I watched the movies on Netflix, but I bought the books at Waterstones. 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

#BlogTour - The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army by Glen Craney @glencraney @cathiedunn

  The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army By Glen Craney Two armies. One flag. No honor. The most shocking day in American history...