Wednesday 14 April 2021

An unforgettable story.

 

 


 Eternal

By Lisa Scottoline

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book not only has a breathtakingly beautiful cover, but it also is an unforgettable story. 

The elegance of the writing, the haunting beauty of the story and the realism in the characterisation of all those who we meet, made this book unputdownable. This is a novel that not only left me in tears, on more than one occasion, but it also brought home to me the horrors of the Italian Holocaust which is something that I had been completely unaware of until reading this book, which left me asking, why? 

Set in one of the world’s most beautiful cities, one cannot help but shiver at the horror that so many innocent people endured, simply because of ungovernable hatred. 

If you enjoy historically moving historical fiction, then this book should definitely be on your to-read list. This novel is not one that I will forget in a hurry. 


I picked up my copy at Amazon

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#BlogTour - The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army by Glen Craney @glencraney @cathiedunn

  The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army By Glen Craney Two armies. One flag. No honor. The most shocking day in American history...