Saturday 16 May 2020

You have to read The Hunger Games series - here is my review of Catching Fire

 

 


 

Catching Fire

(The Hunger Games, Book 2)

By Suzanne Collins

 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

 

As soon as I turned the last page to Book 1, I picked up Book 2. I could not wait to get back into this dystopian world with Katniss, Peeta, Gale and Haymitch. 

 

As before with the first book I become utterly engrossed. The sense of realism in this book is amazing, as is the horror that Katniss and her friends face. But her resolve, and her determination to stay alive, and to try and keep Peeta alive as well, made this a page-tuning read.

 

I adored Peeta in book one but I really came to adore him in this book. He is madly in love with Katniss, and yet Katniss is unsure of her feelings, because she also loves Gale. But there is such a goodness to Peeta, especially in the face of so much horror, that I am hoping that she will end up with him in the end. That's if he survives.

 

I am absolutly in love with this series, and I cannot wait to get my hands on the final book of the trilogy. 

 

I picked up my copy at my favourite bookshop, Waterstones. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#BlogTour - The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army by Glen Craney @glencraney @cathiedunn

  The Yanks are Starving: A Novel of the Bonus Army By Glen Craney Two armies. One flag. No honor. The most shocking day in American history...